The WINGS TANDEM rating can happen in two different ways:
- Full course
- Transition course
Requirements 1, 3, 4 and 7 below must be met before entering the course. The other requirements may be met with our examiners (on a case-by-case basis).
- reached the age of 18 years
- hold a USPA coach or USPA Instructor rating
- logged 500 jumps on a ram-air canopy
- a minimum of 3 years experience in parachuting
- Present a current FAA Class 3 Medical Certificate (Class 2 in Europe)
- did a cutaway
2. Full Course
The Full course consists of three phases:
- 1 theoretical preparation phase
- 1 phase of 5 jumps with an examiner
- 1 phase of 5 jumps with experienced skydivers (100 jumps minimum)
The user manual is the course material.
For the jump phases we advise you to have:
- wide jumpsuit
- soft helmet (e.g. leather skydive helmet)
3. Transition Course
The Transition course is for skydivers who already have a manufacturer rating accepted by the USPA and the FAI.
The program will be as follow:
- 1 theoretical preparation phase adapted to this course
- 2 transition jumps